The benefits of meditation, yoga, and journaling are well-known, but how many of us make time for them daily? To form new habits and deepen our practice, it’s often helpful to learn with like-minded peers alongside experienced practitioners.
In this full-day workshop, we’ll explore and practice activities that can be implemented in our daily lives to foster a greater sense of calm and wellbeing. A delicious, catered lunch will be provided along with a tea-pouring and interactive herbalism mini-workshop.
We’ll be facilitating these workshops in New York City to begin, before expanding to the Bay Area and other key cities. Our culturally-responsive wellness framework has been curated with the stress management needs of professional black men in mind.
Together we will:
- Explore notions of masculinity, the black experience in America, and challenges at work and home
- Affirm ourselves and each other through a compassionate and historically-informed lens
- Practice activities that build self-esteem, self-love, and holistic wellness
- Analyze opportunities for growth in our personal and professional lives
- Participate in an interactive herbalism and plant medicine mini-workshop
- Create actionable strategies to remain grounded in moments of turbulence
About our sponsors:
Breather is an international network of beautiful, professional spaces designed for team meetings, offsites, brainstorms, workshops, training sessions and more – available by day, week, or month. Practical and distraction-free, locations can be reserved and accessed through Breather’s website and mobile app.
The Campaign for Black Male Achievement (CBMA) is a national membership network that seeks to ensure the growth, sustainability, and impact of leaders and organizations committed to improving the life outcomes of Black men and boys.
Saturday, May 13th in New York City
10:00am – 4:00pm
We intend to:
- co-create a safe(r) space that acknowledges and respects the range of experiences, identities and needs in the room;
- invite brave and vulnerable self reflection and conversation; and
- approach our time together with sensitivity, openness, and curiosity
We’ll provide snacks, tasty beverages, and a delicious, healthy lunch for attendees.
Our intention is to make this workshop accessible to everyone who wishes to attend. Should you wish to support this workshop with a donation, please use this form to securely remit funds.
Alternately, donation can be made via Venmo or PayPal to firstname.lastname@example.org. Suggested donation: $25.